- Beverages, including soft drinks, are not included in the cruise fare
- Shore excursions cost extra
- Dining options are fairly limited
MSC Cruises sailing throughout the Mediterranean and Baltic Seas cater mainly to European travelers, while Caribbean itineraries attract an American clientele. While most cruises are geared toward retirees, don't be surprised if you encounter families during summer and holiday breaks from school (especially if you're sailing the Caribbean). Couples — particularly honeymooners — also cruise with MSC to take advantage of activities and packages designed specifically for pairs.More about the onboard experience»
MSC Cruises offers 2, 000 shore excursions that you can book on board or in advance through the MSC website (booking periods vary by itinerary). Passengers can arrange excursions like a sightseeing tour of Dublin's cobbled streets, a vineyard tour and wine tasting in Montevideo, Uruguay, or horseback riding ...More about the on shore experience»
Before You Book
- Children must be six months or older at the time of departure to cruise with MSC. Children 11 years or younger may sail for free as long as they stay in the same stateroom as a parent or a responsible adult. However, the "Kids Sail Free" promotion is only available to travelers with Early Booking Fares. "Kids Sail Free" is based on availability and may not be combined with any other discounts; even if your fare does not qualify, you'll see there is always a discount for children ages 11 and under.
- Passengers under the age of 21 must be accompanied by — and share the same or an adjoining stateroom as — a parent or adult over the age of 21.
- Women who are or will be 24 weeks pregnant by the time the cruise ends are not allowed to sail with MSC.
- To receive a full refund, cancellation requests must be made in writing and received at least 60 days prior to your scheduled embarkation date. If you cancel 46 to 75 days before your scheduled departure date, you will forfeit the deposit. If you cancel 16 to 45 days before your scheduled sailing date, you may receive a 50 percent refund of the price of your cruise, excluding taxes. If you miss this deadline and cancel your cruise within 15 days of your sailing date, you will receive no refund.
- If your cruise is canceled before the voyage begins for technical or weather-related reasons, you will be refunded the full fare.